Six Thinking Hats
Six Thinking Hats is a technique to improve creativity by focusing our attention on only one perspective at a time. Useful wherever we need creativity - from retrospectives to product planning to strategic visioning.
The six different hats (or perspectives) are:
- Blue: The high level process view.
- White: Just the data. What facts do we know?
- Red: How do we feel about that?
- Green: What else is possible? Looking at alternative ways, often with a constraint.
- Yellow: What's the positive side that that?
- Black: What are the downsides and risks?